1. How do you all feel about leaving your home congregation to join the congregation @ North?
Melody: I feel really excited, but slightly daunted. I know that I will definitely be pushed right out of my comfort zone at north, which is a good thing. Although I am anticipating that it will not be an easy transition for me, I am joyous and content in the fact that I am being obedient to God.
Malika: I feel excited to be involved in “the big move”; to be able to witness CS’s vision come to life, and hopefully be able to contribute to making it become a grand reality.
Nat: I feel both sad and happy. Sad because I am leaving most of my friends and cousins but happy; because I can learn new skills, and make new friends in the other congregation.
Ed: I've left Cornerstone before, and that move was pretty abrupt. This time around, I feel more assured; because we're going as part of a group and we're going to a congregation that is still part of the big cornerstone family. I am realyl excited about being at a smaller congregation and serving together and growing together.
2. What would you like to say to your Cornerstone brothers and sisters as you prepare to leave?
Melody: I'll miss you all heaps! Thank you for the great memories, the encouragement, and for spurring me on. You're all such a blessing :)
Malika: I would like to say thank you for all your support, kindness, acceptance, prayers, fun-times, encouragement, and edification. I feel honoured to have been part of the immediate Cornerstone family.
Nat: No matter where you worship, ensure that you worship the one true GOD!
Ed: Its not really a goodbye but I will certainly miss seeing everyone every week. I pray we will still continue to work together and spur each other on in our devotion and serving God in our different communities.
3. What kinds of challenges do you think you will face, leaving the familiar and comfortable "family" you've known for years?
Melody: I don't really know at this stage.. I guess i'll find out when they come..
Nat: My greatest challenges would be, mingling with new people and driving all the way from Bexley North to Eastwood every Sunday.
Ed: There will be challenges, but they will be good challenges! I trust that everything that God will bring us through, in the time we have ahead of us; will all be for our joy and for His glory! :D
4. What are you looking foward to?
Melody: I'm looking forward to getting to know the people at north better, serving in different ministries, and watching the church grow!
Nat: Creating new ministries and strengthening existing ones
Ed: Finding a wife? haha only joking. :P I am looking forward to learning more of God's will for me as he stretches me and teaches me new things in ways to serve His kingdom. I look forward to seeing this new body grow together as we face the challenges ahead together and seeing each of us grow in our faith, hope and love.
5. How can Cornerstone pray for you?
Melody: Please pray that I'll settle in fairly quickly, learn how to deal with new situations, and that I will be eager to serve. Also, that I would be continually growing in my relationship with God and making the most of all my opportunities to invite people to church..
Malika: That my relationship and knowledge about God, will continue to grow in maturity; so that I can effectively reach out to others and help bring them to know the true nature of God.
Nat: Please pray for safety, as we all travel from different locations and that God would strengthen us to face the challenges of new and different ministries @ North.
Ed: For boldness and courage in the Lord to speak His words, obey His will and fear Him above all else. Please also pray that whatever God inspires us to do at North, will also be fed back to Concord so that the church of God can be encouraged and edified.
|
|