.
1. How do you feel about leaving your home congregation to join the congregation @ North?
Luan: Cornerstone Concord has been such a phenomenal nurturing place in my growth as a christian & I have made so many wonderful friends, so having to say goodbye is EXTREMELY hard. But at the same time, I do feel excited about God's new plans for me & my family.
Mitchell: I'm excited about going to North but it isn't going to be easy leaving my friends behind. I guess we are still a part of Cornerstone, but just in a smaller congregation, so that's good. I remember Ed telling me in a few weeks ago that because we are such a small group, we will be able to grow a lot more together. So hopefully that will happen.
Wayne: There is definitely a sadness in leaving friends and not being able to see them on such a regular basis. I’m sure that not long after we leave, we will understand fully what we have lost and perhaps taken for granted over recent years. I will miss my little CYIT class, they are such characters (both graduated or current) and I will always look upon their photos I keep in my Bible with fondness.
Daniel: I'm very sad that I have to leave Concord because it's been the place where I've grown in my understanding and relationship with God. I'll especially miss all the familiar faces and friends, in particular the guys and girls in my year. Yet despite this, I'm also excited to worship, fellowship and serve @North. I excited to see people come to know our Lord Jesus when we minister in that area.
2. What would you like to say to your brothers and sisters at Cornerstone as you prepare to leave?
Luan: As I reflect on my journey, my last 6 years with you all has been a very precious time . I have received so much encouragement during my time at Concord, through CS's faithful teaching of God's Word, learning from serving in different ministries with different people & also learning from friends who "teach" by the way they live their godly lives . I have learnt much from the people who serve tirelessly with a servant heart without a complaining spirit. I truly thank God for bringing my family to Concord, it has been a great blessing to be part of such a loving & nurturing church family . It has impacted Wayne, myself , Daniel & Mitchell in so many ways, even my marriage has blossomed & my 2 sons have a solid spiritual committment , thanks to CY & CYIT. It is not like I will not see you ever again but I am going to miss seeing EVERYONE every Sunday & serving together with you. Even for the people I don't really know, like the youth at CY, I know I am going to miss so much watching how God is working in your lives & seeing each of you grow up ( kleenex moment, getting very teary... )
Mitchell: I feel really sad leaving some of my friends, but I guess I shouldnt really because I'll be seeing most of them at CY. As for everybody else I won't be seeing at CY, I'm going to miss you all heaps. Thanks for all the encouragements, prayers and fellowship. To Ethan, Josh G, Kenneth, Duncan (Dwong), Sam, Leo, Bec, Kim and Amy, I'll miss seeing you guys (and girls) on Sundays because all of you are all such great friends
Wayne: “Miss me yet???” …… No!!! Where did that come from? … but know that my freedom in being a rascal is only shared in the fellowship of brothers and sisters I feel comfortable with. I just had a little prayer that I would be able to write something encouraging and uplifting, because I see that whether we go or stay, that we are joined in the common and important effort to honour God and share in the labour of the Gospel. There is much to be done at Concord and at North and I hope we can remain of one spirit and do it together.
Daniel: Thankyou for your love, service and fellowship at Concord. I will miss everyone there. Please come visit us @North.
3. What kinds of challenges do you think you will face, leaving the familiar and comfortable "family" you've known for years?
Luan: To be ready to step out of my comfort zone, to trust in Him for His purposes in my life. The greatest challenge for me is to be obedient, will I allow my own fears to stop me from obeying God ?
Mitchell: I'm not exactly sure what challenges I will face, once I leave Cornerstone. I guess the only one I can think of is just trying not to miss everyone, especially my group of friends when I leave. I'm sure more challenges will arise eventually, which I will have to overcome with God's help.
Wayne: Initially, North being a smaller congregation will lack resources and support. Also, tiredness; mental, physical and spiritual may be a challenge. Listening, communicating and understanding each other and being able to relate and build up trust with new faces and even familiar ones, as we continue to grow in Godliness ourselves will be another challenge.
Daniel: I think the main challenge I'll face is being lonely without my established friends at Concord. I'll probably miss them alot more when I'm by myself, and they are still all fellowshipping together.
4. What are you looking foward to?
Luan: I'm looking forward to experiencing God work powerfully in the new church , we are small in numbers but all the more evidence that He will be the one to sustain us. It is exciting to belong to a team knowing we have a mission to fulfill together as a new church. I also look forward to making new friendships.
Mitchell: What I'm looking forward to at Cornerstone@North is serving more in the worship team. Recently, Mr. Ed has been teaching me the drums and aparrently I have a good rhythm.
Wayne: Meeting and encouraging new people. Forming new relationships and renewing old ones. Making a difference and simply looking forward to what God opens up before us. Helping to grow another church and to put another brick beside the Cornerstone which is Christ. Helping to realize the vision of a “fellowship of churches”. I’m looking forward to a lot of exciting stuff ….. that I can’t describe!!!! Maybe that’s what makes it exciting... the anticipation. A bit like fishing me thinks!!
Daniel: I'm looking forward to reaching out to the people in Eastwood/Marsfield and Macquarie University, and seeing people come to know Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Also, serving and stepping out of my comfort zones - growing in character and learning to trust God wholeheartedly.
5. How can Cornerstone pray for you?
Luan: I've decided to be involved in an area of ministry where I know I'm most lacking & weakest at , Evangelism . God has challenged me to face my fears & make it a top priority at the new church. There will be great opportunities to reach out to the overseas Chinese students from Macquarie Uni. Please pray that I will be bold for Christ. Please also pray that we can work effectively in our different ministry teams, remain humble & united.... & build God's kingdom in peace & not strife.
Mitchell: Please pray that I''ll step forward with music. If I do continue with the drums, I hope I can give it my all for God; especially since the drums are like one of the lead instruments.. That will probably be the best thing to pray for me at the moment.
Wayne: Please pray that we will remain faithful, humble, loving and dependent on Christ alone. That we will always think the better of each other, forgiving of each other, accepting of each other and honest with each other in difficult circumstances or good. That we will be good at listening and communicating with each other, sensitive and gentle with each other. That we will never tire of encouraging each other or take each other for granted. That we will be bold and courageous in speaking up for Christ and firmly imbedded in God’s Holy word. That we will be prayerful and work together with Concord and all Christian brothers and sisters for Christ’s sake. Please pray that we remain under God’s protection and care. That we will never tire of singing God’s praises.
Daniel: Please pray that I'll still grow in my knowledge and understanding of the Bible, that'll keep close to God during this time, that I'll have a servant heart and that more youth will be able to come to Cornerstone@North.
6. Anything else that you might like to share?
Luan: I've been SO happy at Concord why would I want to leave to go to a new place ??? It was a dilemma that I had to confront within myself to reach this decision to join the church plant. I can't quite articulate it ...except that I know it is God directing me to go , that He wants to teach me new things & new skills through this experience of a church plant. I believe my positive & nurturing experience at Concord is part of God's plan in preparing me for this next stage of my christian life . God has proven Himself faithful in the bible & through my own personal journey, so even though it doesn't make total sense to leave my loving church family at Concord....I am greatly comforted in knowing that God is faithful & I can trust in His plans & purposes for me & my family.