1. What has it been like to be involved @North for the last 2-3 years?
Shirley: It has been Fun & Enjoyable mixed with stress and busyness
a. I loved being involved in C-kids. I am particularly attached to the primary kids. Their enthusiasm in living out what they’ve learnt at C-kids is so apparent at church and in their homes. The kids love singing praises and helping out with general church duties.
b. I love cooking and entertaining so being in the Hospitality team was what I also enjoyed doing. Everyone in the team was encouraging and fun to work with. We definitely wanted North to be a Warm and Welcoming church.
Sidney: It has been really Great!!. I had to be like a Handyman – fixing all the problems; like a student – learning new skills; and like a teamplayer – working alongside others
2. What have been some of the great challenges the church faced during that time?
Shirley: The shortage of resources and manpower, so much so that many were on more than one roster every single week
Sidney: Providing needs and friendships to many and varied personalities and families, with the purpose of sharing the gospel message to them and praying for God's convicting work in their lives.
3. What were some of the great blessings?
Shirley: Building strong friendships within the church family. As I don’t have a sister, all the girls are precious gifts from God to me. Seeing my family growing stronger spiritually, and loving God more. Seeing those who’ve accepted Christ as the Lord, in the short time they’ve been at North; serving as active members in Church
Sidney: The children in the church are a real blessing to us. There is also a wonderful sense of belonging and unity amongst the members of the church.
4. Where do you think God is leading us as a church?
Shirley: To be a Warm and Welcoming Church with strong Biblical teaching; To be a church growing in Love and Knowledge of His Word. I pray that as members of God's church, we will build strong relationships with God and with each other and that we would work in unity and one body through the Spirit of Christ
Sidney: That we would learn to trust Him more fully, and give Him all the Glory, and not to rely on ourselves
|
|