

1. What has it been like to be involved @North for the last 2-3 years?
Weng Gar: Hard work, but rewarding to see the growth especially in children’s ministry
David: It has been fun, exciting, challenging, a blessing, tiring, wonderful to see people step up to the plate, great to meet new people, made lots of new friends, and learnt lots of new board games (thanks Jason). We have seen God bless us in many ways.
2. What have been some of the great challenges the church faced during that time?
Weng Gar: A lot of work to do with a small number of people. This has meant everyone has got in and helped out which has been a real encouragement. Lets pray that this commitment continues.
David: I think the main challenges we have faced have been feeling like a church when there was only a small number of us, particularly in the early days. Also I think taking on new roles as we all had to do a bit of everything in order for all the jobs to get done. I have seen many people try things that they weren’t necessarily comfortable with but still put in their all. We have seen people come into our congregation that weren’t necessarily who we expected that have challenged us to think about how and in what ways God wanted us to serve, this has meant we have had to listen closely to God and rely on him. I look forward to what God has planned for us and I look forward to where he may lead even if it is the unexpected.
3. What were some of the great blessings?
WengGar: Children…. Lots of new babies. Children…. Learning about God. The setting up of C-Kids Praise Juniors (3-5 Years) program and watching the kids become really enthusiastic about learning about Jesus. More recently seeing the International Students Ministry startup and growing.
David: God has blessed us with a wonderful group of people who have great concern for one another, take time to look after one another and pray for one another. Being a small church has brought us together. I pray that we will continue to be able to do this even as we grow. I praise God for bringing people to Him through our ministries and know that without His blessings this would not be possible. I praise God for the opportunities He has placed in front of us. I think the greatest blessing is answered prayer. It hasn’t always been the answers we have expected or even humanly hoped for, but they have been clear answers. We know God is leading us and has great plans for our church both @North and at Concord.
4. Where do you think God is leading us as a church?
Weng Gar: We have a great opportunity with our proximity to Macquarie University, to continue to grow this ministry to Overseas Students, I look forward to seeing what God has planned for us here.
|
David: God has opened so many unexpected doors and closed other unexpected doors I wouldn’t even want to presume on Him, what He has planned for us; or were He is leading us. I do know that what ever He has in mind, I want to be part of it; and I pray that as a church we would constantly call on Him and give him all the Glory
|