1. How do you feel about leaving your home congregation to join the congregation @ North?
Samantha: I'm excited, but nervous. This would be the 4th "new" church for me, but it will be easier because its still the same church; just a different congregation.
Florianna: It has taken a lot of prayers & soul searching for the family to come to this decision. I am still apprenhensive as to how well my kids are going to cope, without seeing all their friends on Sundays. At least, from a positive perspective, it'll make CY on Fridays even more precious. As for Morris & I, we will miss many good friends. We have been in this church for almost 4 years now and we have come to know some of the brothers & sisters really well. So of course, it' will be hard to say goodbye to everyone. But we have done this so many times (changing congregations), in our almost 30 years of ministry. We can confidently say that we know we will not lose friends, but by God's grace; we will gain more friends along the way. May God give us plenty of harvest in the years to come.
Jonathan: Not too bad, it feels good starting in a new congregation from the very beginning, and I already know a fair lot of people there
Morris: I have mixed feelings ! I can no longer hide behind all the gifted people already at Concord Cornerstone. At Cornerstone @North, I hope to be more active and will be involved in a shared ministry with Seng Min; hoping to minister to the Overseas students at Macquarie University. I feel excited, as It has been a long while since I have worked with such young people and it will be good to work in partnership with Flo. I also feel a little sad as I have made some good friends at Cornerstone.
2. What would you like to say to your brothers and sisters at Cornerstone as you prepare to leave?
Samantha: Pray for us, especially the youth; because all our friends and peers are a big part of our lives. Having said that, we will still be going to Cornerstone Youth on Friday nights.
Florianna: We will miss you all very much & look forward to seeing you all at the joint congregation activities. Let us continue to fight the good fight & press on to the goal of winning more souls, growing in the knowledge & love of Jesus Christ, the author & perfector of our faith.
|
Jonathan: Its going to be sad not seeing all of you as much, but at least Josh Gowers won't be able to steal my bag =P. But, I'll still be seeing you at CY anywayz...
Morris: This move to Cornerstone @ North just felt right for the whole Key Family. We will certainly miss all of you, but I am sure that at the combined meeting and on other occassions; we will catch up.
3. What kinds of challenges do you think you will face, leaving the familiar and comfortable "family" you've known for years?
Samantha: I think the youth would probably be taking on more active roles in church, as at Concord; there are alot more adults to look after things.
Florianna: Learning to work with a new team of people. To build trust & deeper spiritual sharing & fellowship with fellow workers in Cornerstone@North.
Jonathan: Well it might take a while to get along with the people @ North. But I’ve visited North 3 times already, and they’re really nice so, its not too scary. However, if I drink enough Coke, the people @ North might start to look like the people from Cornerstone.!! Hehe...
Morris: I have been very comfortable at Cornerstone, perhaps too comfortable. At Cornerstone @ North I will have to step up and out of my comfort zone and get to know the people there and especially the overseas students. By nature I am a rather shy and reserve person.
4. What are you looking foward to?
Samantha: A chance to serve in the new congregation @ North, and to use the gifts God has given me
Florianna: With God's grace, to discover & meet the needs of those entrusted to Morris & I (the overseas student ministry); & to disciple them to be followers of Jesus Christ.
Jonathan: Learning more about God and serving Him, since there will be more opportunities in a smaller church (there’s also more food there =P)
Morris: I am looking forward to working more closely in a team ministry situation and seeing how God is going to work in those with searching hearts.
5. How can Cornerstone pray for you?
Samantha: That we can invite others to church, particularly as many of my school friends live there, and that the church will grow and strengthen.
Florianna: Please pray that we can work well with Seng Min, our co-worker in the overseas student ministry. Please also pray that our children, Samantha & Jonathan; will find their roles & ministries in the church, and that there will be more youth joining the church in the near future. Pray for our non-Christian friends (two families) whom we intend to invite to Cornerstone @ North, that they will respond & be willing to attend.
Jonathan: Please pray that my actions will glorify God and I can serve the Lord in all my abilities
Morris: Please pray that there will be a good and godly working relationship with the new church group and that we can settle down as a family fairly quickly. Pray also that God will give us favour with the overseas students as we attempt to share the gospel with them
|