Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spotlight on Tina Yang

Tina Yang


1. What do you do for leisure?

I love reading, shopping with my girlfriends andwatching movies.

2. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

I would still be myself because from the day God chose me, I have been very thankful that I am who I am, although sometimes I do things which did not please God, but I am trying each day to be more and more the person that He wants me to be.

3. If you could describe yourself as an animal, whatwould you be and why?

I would say a sheep, I was born in the Year of the Sheep, and I think that I am a quiet and gentle person.

4. Were you born in Australia? If not, where were youborn and what do you miss most about your homeland?

I was born in Northeast China. There are so many things that I miss:

I miss my mum's cooking and gathering with all my family, and the thing I miss the most, are the freezing winters..mainly because I haven't been back during winter for almost 3 years now.

5. What do you think are people's perception of you?

I am not exactly sure, but I believe most of my friends think of me as an easy-going person.

6. How did you come to Cornerstone @ North? Do you have any comments about our church?

I came to Cornerstone @ North with Stephen Liew. My first impression of this church was a small, but warm church; much like a family. Now, as I know more and have grown in fellowship with the people here, I have found that it is a really great place for me to grow in Christ as a new Christian.

7. How did you come to faith in Christ? Or if you arestill searching...how far have you come in yourinvestigation/search of the truth of the gospel?

When I arrived in Australia, I had the chance to listen to the gospel, and to know and understand, that God loves us unconditionally. What He did for me in providing Jesus as my Saviour, also impacted me greatly.

As an international student with family far away, it gets quite lonely at times. I know the feeling of not having someone around to talk to, or to seek advice or help from. God is the only one who is around me, carrying my burdens and loving me 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

However, the people whom I have met in the church and the way they live their lives and the great joy they have; made me ask questions and I started searching. When I realised that God is really the only true God who loves me, I made my decision to trust in Him, and to put my life in His hands. After nearly three years since I took that step of faith, I have found that becoming a Chrisitian is the best decision I have ever made in my life, and I will never regret it.

8. Who is a big influence in your life and why?

More than one particular person has influenced my life.My dad, who never gives up, even though he faces many difficulties in his life; my mum who has been sacrificially supporting dad's work and my studies; Lyn, who loves God and sacrifices time discipling people; and our God and Saviour who has shown me the real meaning of my life here in the world.

9. What are the challenges you face each day (if any)How can we pray for you?

The quiet times that I should reserve for God everyday. I struggle at times because of my laziness.Sometimes, I do things which I know do not please God and have to ask for God's forgiveness. Please pray that I will do less and less of these things that displease God.

Please pray for my spiritual walk with God and also pray for my family who are still lost. Please pray for opportunities to talk about the gospel and wisdom for the right words to say.







No comments: