Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Introducing the Yips (Focus on Gillian & Justin) Part 1

Gillian, Rachel, Justin, Sarah
What a beautiful family!
Gillian
Justin
Justin (in an arty farty) pose




1. What is your favourite thing to do for leisure?


Gillian: Brisk early morning walks


Justin: Anything really. Sleeping, reading, playing board games, surfing the net and catching up with news from around the world.


2. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?


Gillian: A family pet dog, because I would be showered with love and attention constantly


Justin: An Orang Utan (a kind of ape) because they live such lazy lives and are very human- like.


3. If you could choose to be anybody for one day, who would you choose to be and why?


Gillian: Can’t think of anyone I would swap places with even for one day


Justin: The President of the United States, so that I can understand the pressures of running a country and being in charge of World affairs. It would also be quite an experience to feel so important, stay in the White House and meet other politicians and celebrities.


4. "What was it like living in Malaysia and being "different"?


Gillian:
Often uncomfortably humid. A learning experience where I had the opportunity to eat and talk differently. My taste and smell senses were constantly challenged. Being different attracted much attention from the locals wherever I went. Sometimes a positive thing sometimes a negative thing.


4. What was it like growing up in Malaysia and what do you miss most, since coming to Sydney?


Justin: I never thought about having it any other way. Often we were stared at by strangers because we looked a bit different but those who knew us well treated us like any other Malaysian. Being surrounded by many different languages, cultures and religions was very educational and invaluable considering the globalisation of today’s world. I miss my friends and being able to speak Manglish freely and not getting tongue tied. (Food no need to say lah)


5. Share with us how you came to faith in Christ?


Gillian: I accepted Christ at the age of 14 having been brought up in the church from young


Justin: I accepted Christ when I was 5 years old in Singapore at a Christmas Children’s party.


6. If you could describe yourself in a sentence, what would it be?


Gillian: Gentle in nature, patient preferring to listen and loves the outdoors and exercise


Justin: A serious yet fun loving Jack-of-all-trades.



Scroll down for features on Rachel and Sarah






No comments: