Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Introducing Joy


Poem by Joy

Colourful Candies for Christ

Yellow sherbys symbolise God’s glory,
Eternal power and majesty.
Light and darkness He created
Land and sea He formed and separated.
On day six did He make man
“Woman” came next as man’s aide and friend.

Black liquorice represents darkness -
Lethal sins causing one to give in
All have fallen from God’s grace.
Cruelty and evil lurk around the place
Kings themselves disobey in their own ways.

Red skittles portray the blood of the Messiah
Each of us is loved by this Saviour
Divine was He to die for every sinner.

White marshmallows stand for purity
Heaven is now open to you and me!
In place of death is salvation
Trust in God and reject all trepidation
Eternal life will then be given!

Green M&M’s embody a plant in the mound
Rooted deep into the ground.
Evangelise and proclaim what you have found –
Everlasting peace in the arms of the Lord;
New wine is waiting to be poured!


********************************************************************************************




1. What would be a fun thing for you to do,
to chill and relax?


I would opt for outdoor swimming. However,
if the weather or season does not permit;
I would go to the musuem, or library or a science centre

2. What animal best describes you and why?

A spinner dolphin. It's sociable, playful, creative...
and lives in the sea! Of course, I don't live in the sea,
but the district that I grew up in,
was within walking distance to the sea.

3. If you could be anyone in the world for one day,
who would you be and why?

I'm really happy being me..
But if I really have to be someone besides myself
for (thankfully) just a day,
I'd pick my brother? He's studying in Hamilton,
Ontario now & that's where I attended high school.
It'd be interesting to experience things
from his perspective (grin)!

4. Which verse/s in the bible are of particular
significance for you and why?


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction,
faithful in prayer (Romans 12:12)
I've been studying abroad ever since Jan 2003
& this verse reminds me to trust in God no matter what.

5. Share with us (in summary) how you came to faith in Christ?

I was raised in a Christian home.
But I truly came to faith in Christ when he helped
me through my challenges & struggles
in secondary school when I was 15.











No comments: