Sunday, June 24, 2007

Say G'day to George & Melinda

Melinda & George "monkeying" around "Aren't we a cute couple"?


"Am I pretty enough?" (hehe)






"How spiffy do I look?"














1. What do you do for leisure?

Melinda: Gardening, art/craft, music, reading, dancing (if I get the chance)

George: Reading, surfing, gardening,

2. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

Melinda: The queen - I want to know what the pressure is really like.

George: Someone playing in the Soccer World Cup.

3. If you could describe yourself as an animal, what would you be and why?

Melinda: Maybe a cat? I thrive on hugs but am very happy to be on my own too.

George: A dog. Because then I coud wag my tail and easily let everyone know how happy I am to see them.

4. What is your all time favourite food?

Melinda: That's hard - maybe potatoes, tomatoes or cheese...

George: Chilli prawns with snow peas, pizza,

5. What do you think, are people perception of you?

Melinda: Intense, opinionated, creative

George: Friendly

6. Tell us why you decided to go into full time theological training. Also share with us the ups and downs of college life.

Melinda: I've been planning to go to Bible college since I was 15, because I have always wanted my whole life to be founded on Christ and to serve His people, and been hungry to learn more about the Bible since that is our guide to our faith.

College is great because you have the opportunity to spend time with Christians from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different perspectives and personalities. It's a privilege to be able to have lecturers available to discuss the 'hard questions' with, and just have time to dedicate to indepth learning

George: It was a fairly gradual process. I wanted to know more about my beliefs. Also while I was working full time I had the opprtunity to share my faith with heaps of clients and co-workers. At the same time I was involved with teaching new Christians at church. In both settings there were times when I reached the limits of what I knew, and thought I could better serve in church and speak to people about Jesus with some training. The ups include all the different people you meet at college everybody's story is unique, I think I have learnt so much from other students. The lecturers are inspiring in their dedication and very patient with us as we try to explain to them that they are wrong (ha). The downs are all the deadlines.

7. How did you come to Cornerstone @ North? Any comments about our church?

Melinda: As part of my training, I am required to do FES - field education (the practical stuff), and PTC assigned me to CS for the year. It's been an enormous encouragement to be part of @North - you are a very welcoming community, with a lot of passion for serving Christ.

George: We have come to Cornerstone @ North as part of our training for ministry in the Presbyterian church. Its great to experience the blessing of so many friendly and welcoming people and the passion that so many have for Jesus.

8. How did you come to faith in Christ?

Melinda: I was born one(!) When I was about 3 years old I told my mother I was going to be a Christian, and by the grace of God I've never looked back since.

George: I became a christian when I was 5, but stopped going to church when I was about 14 and didn't get serious with God again until I was 22.

9. Who has influenced in your life and why?

Melinda: My mother is a very strong Christian and greatly influenced me as I grew up. She encouraged me to see God working in my life, to read the Bible and other helpful books, and to discuss my faith and apply it.

George: God of course and heaps of people! My parents and other relatives, Melinda, friends, Novelists including Dostoyevsky, Victor Hugo, Tolkien, Ravi Zacharias, Christian leaders including John Smith (Methodist minister and God Squad founder).

10. How can we pray for you?

Melinda: For productive exam preparation, a good rest during the holidays, smooth running of the Assembly canteen, and successful study for 2nd semester...

George: That I would continue to apply myself to my studies. Also thatI would not neglect my family and friends while studying.









































No comments: